Old September 17th 17, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Default Okey Doke... I tried Facebook

On Friday, September 1, 2017 at 12:20:34 AM UTC+1, Jill McQuown wrote:
Sorry, I can't stand it.

You get used to it. I ignore most of it I just mostly scroll past the news feed and use the notifications to check if anyone has posted anything I might be interested on in any of the groups.

It's a tool-like a lot of people friends and family are now scattered all over the World so it means I can stay in touch with say my dad's sister who is on aged 80, a couple of weeks back someone I hadn't seen in 40 years got in touch so we were chatting about friends from back then and where they are now. one of my oldest friends, Lee, moved down under but comes back every couple of years or so, so he uses FB to organise meeting up with people and we all get together. Another friend a few years back started a group for people who used to go to a certain venue back in the 70's early 80's. That put me in touch with people once again and I made some new friends through it, 2 weeks' ago yesterday I was at the 11th gig organised off the back of that FB page.

I met one of my closest friend through an FB group he was a pillar of strength to me when I lost Dave always around to talk to when I was lonely and we have since met 3 times

As I say it's a tool and I have long since learnt to pick and choose with it

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs