Old April 18th 05, 04:04 AM
Kalyahna

wrote in message
ups.com...
While I realize most small rescue groups do good work, my experience
with these groups and with shelters is that their rules for adoption
are indicative of people who are at their core distrustful towards
their fellow humans.

Of course we are. We have reason to be. Have you ever seen a hoarder's
home? The conditions of the animals therein? Without an application, such
people could walk in and out and simply add to their collection.

There is something evil about having to sit down
and fill out an application for an animal which is so nosy. Many
people object to this repressive arrogance of these shelters and then
they turn to pet shops.

More and more "pet shops" are working WITH shelters to find homes.
Too much negative publicity in helping out backyard breeders and kitty
mills.

So, you see, by not allowing people to adopt
you turn them into liars, or you turn them to pet shops.

Oh, no. People turn themselves into liars. It's a choice THEY make.

But they WILL
get a pet, and so what purpose have these stupid, evil, long-winded,
nosy applications do? They have done more evil than good.

You sure toss around "evil" a lot for someone who calls Heaven a myth.
And in case you're wondering, I'm an atheist, so I see the pure stupidity
in that quite well.

I find the rescue group people a lot more sincere than the shelter
people, but all too often their applications look like child-adoption
papers also! The very groups that rage against puppy and kitten mills
actually support them by driving customers to the shops.

Nope. People choose that route themselves. Often because they don't
know there are alternatives to pet shops or because they're cheap-ass
*******s who don't realize that paying $50 for an adult cat at a shelter is
a LOT less expensive than buying one from a pet shop. People who are
so concerned about $50 to get a cat that's already altered and vaccinated
aren't planning to ever see a vet, so they shouldn't HAVE a pet. Much less
human children, but that's a different rant.

Its incredibly sad to go to these shelters and see cage after cage filled
with animals who could have a home if not for the stupid application
forms. The saddest thing I ever saw was a man who was turned down
because he didn't have a vet for the animal he already had. For shame!
The animal he wanted was better off with this gentleman than stuck in
a cage and never adopted! But the rich biddies who run the shelter
didn't think so--and so to me, they are the evil, they are animal
abusers, people who would deny a pet a home! Remember, poor people are
just as deserving of pets as anyone else.

The more irritating thing I've ever heard is a little story about a woman
who was interested in a cat. Upon hearing that the cat was part of a bonded
pair and would NOT be adopted singly, she said, "So you'll put down two
cats instead of one?" Our answer was a few weeks later, when the bonded
pair was adopted together into a fabulous home.

I've become so disgusted that although I've adopted from shelters
before, I will never do so again. I've got nothing to hide, but I
object to being made to feel like a child. The people at these
shelters have such contempt for most of us mere mortals, and frankly
I'd rather not play their game anymore.

So don't. We sure as hell don't need your lazy, self-righteous ass clogging
up our system.