Old September 5th 08, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Default Mooch waits his turn

Bobcat wrote:
In the warm Canadian weather we share our front veranda with Mooch,
our resident stray. In the winter he sleeps there in a heated chair we
provide him and eats his meals. Today I was sitting on the veranda
listening to an audiobook, one of my favourite pastimes, staring off
into space. Eventually I looked down and there was Mooch. He was
patiently staring up at me, waiting to be fed.

"Sorry, Mooch, I didn't see you," I said to him, and went inside for
his food and water. I returned, set them down for him and sat in a
chair guarding him from food-thieves.

I thought, "We've come a long way together, little fellow. Three years
ago you'd have hidden under a chair until I'd gone back inside before
you'd eat. Now you come within two feet of me without fear. You'll
always be a free spirit, but now we've gained your trust. For me
that's worth its weight in gold!"

I'm so happy for you both!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek