Old January 10th 05, 03:55 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-09, Christina Websell penned:

Ah, but you see, it costs money. We are a government agency responsible for
all the money we spend to the taxpayer. If Tweed, (not a top manager) was
allowed access to the Internet on her work PC, she would not do any work at
all, and would just surf the net all day and play games online. Costing the
council money. Costing the taxpayers money.

They think.

It's a good thing that top managers would never surf the net, as they are a
completely different species than us regular folks.

The reality is I have far too much work to do to play about online, but I
sure would appreciate access to it if I needed it. Not likely, though, I'm
too lowly and because of that I cannot be trusted to have access to the
Internet at work and use it appropriately. sigh

Reminds me of where Eric works. They have strict rules about when you get a
cube with high walls, a cube with a window, etc., and come hell or high water,
you must have the type of office space appropriate for your rank. Sheer
silliness.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch