Old February 20th 04, 07:09 AM
Lotte

"Cat Protector" wrote in message news:2PeZb.27854$Zt4.25520@okepread01...
I see no logic to your thinking. How is keeping an outside cat going to
increase their chances of a good home? What if the cat encounters being hit
by a car or a human that would want to do them harm? Also, what about
getting in a fight with another cat? You never said whether this cat has
claws or not? Also, what if the cat he encounters has FELV, FIV? There are
no cures for those two illnesses.

CP, after reading your posts, I realized I hadn't made my position on
the indoor/outdoor issue clear, so I updated the webpage. My idea is
that he could live outdoors if he were kept in an enclosure or
cat-proof-fenced yard. I am not suggesting that he be allowed to
free-roam, although I'm willing to consider it in an absolutely
perfect situation (small Carribean island?).

My logic is, the more flexible I am in the situations I'm willing to
adopt him to, the more likely he is to find a home. If I were to say,
for instance, that I will absolutely not adopt him anywhere but to a
palatial estate with a luxurious cat suite, his chances of being
adopted drop to practically zero. I'm willing to compromise so that
he can have a less-than-perfect life, as opposed to no life at all.

If you're interested in taking him, please let me know.

Thanks -- Lotte