Old June 29th 11, 05:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Attacked by vicious cat ...

Cheryl wrote:

... birds. I bet you thought I meant Shamrock. After I got home
tonight I went back out to put out something for a Freecycler who was
coming by. While out, I went to see how some of my flowers were doing
since we haven't had much rain lately. While walking down *MY* sidewalk
to *MY* driveway, I saw a baby bird. I started talking to it. Aww,
cute baby. Where's your mom? Then mom appears, AND dad. Then another
baby. The babies were hopping toward me; oh no, that's not good. I
walked in the opposite direction of where babies were hopping but, no,
that wasn't good enough for mom and dad. One parent went to check on
babies, and the other kept diving at me and keeping me in my place. It
was really windy and about to rain (long overdue rain, in fact, and as
it turns out, not enough) so I told mom/dad that I needed to go inside.
Nope, he/she wasn't having any part of that. As the rain started, and
I wondered if I could warn the freecycler about the attack birds, I made
a break for the front door. I could feel wings touch me as they chased
me in. lol When I was safely inside, I watched them from the inside
looking out and they were mad. Really mad. And they let me know it.
There was no way they were letting me back out.

In the meantime, they had a very attentive furry audience wondering why
meowmie was so afraid of a couple of birds.

Freecycler came by before the catbirds left to go find the hopping
babies but they let me out to bring the item to the driveway rather than
assault a reacttack on us both at the front door. She laughed because
she'd recently suffered the same attack.

Wow. That's a little creepy. Sounds like an outtake from the Hitchcock
movie.

I've never heard of catbirds. They wouldn't be in the corvid family,
would they? I've heard of crows never forgetting someone who made them
angry, and giving them a hard time the next time they see the person
(or dog, cat, whatever) even if it's weeks later. I hope this family
decides to move on!

Joyce

--
"Bacteria, with a few more bells and whistles."
-- Bonnie Bassler, describing human beings