Old October 17th 11, 01:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default Purrs needed for Meep

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 14:04:55 -0400, jmc wrote:

On 10/15/11 11:29 AM, jmc wrote:
Many of you know Meep, my 15 year old moggie. She has a host of health
issues, including arthritis and cystitis.

I'm on my way to the vet in a few minutes, she's been throwing up more
frequently, and she's dropped weight shockingly in just a week or so.
She's not a fat cat to begin with, so I didn't notice right away but
suddenly she's back to skin and bones. She's not eating well (again),
and most worryingly, she's a bit wobbly on her feet now.

My poor kitty. If you're the prayin' kind, can you include her? She's
been my friend since she was 12 weeks old.

jmc

Diagnosis is kidney disease, but not bad - early stages. She hasn't
been showing the usual symptoms - increased thirst and urination - but
we think she is nauseous, something I've noticed on and off for a while
- we tried her with pepcid for a while about 6 months back but it seemed
to have little effect. She's back on it now. She's also rather
dehydrated, she gets most of her water from her food (I add water to
make stew).

For now, we're not starting anything special, just the pepcid again and
I've got the OK to add tuna and tuna water to her food for a few days to
get her to eat. She got some sub-q fluids so is feeling better now.

She's also not quite as skinny as I thought. She lost about 9 oz, but I
thought she'd lost a good bit more. Still, she's very thin. She's
eating the tuna mixed food though, so hopefully with that and the pepcid
I can get her back up to snuff again.

jmc

Purrs. Sort of good news I guess. Hopefully she lives a good long time
with it.