Old November 9th 03, 09:51 PM
Mary

He is missed so much and I
am very angry that the vet would prescribe such a toxic drug to my
cat. Don't kill your cat with this stuff. It's poison.

That doesn't look good. I used to trust vets and doctors like God. I no longer
do that. I always do my own research. I've saved quite a few animals this way.
I had a cat with IBD. Over ten years ago, there weren't too many drugs
available. My vet told me to put him to sleep. He'd get bloody mucousy diarrhea
but acted healthy. Instead I formulated my own natural cat food. Just whole
grain rice cooked mixed half and half with roated chicken. This was years
before the canned rice/chicken and rice/lamb came out. I think my cat was just
allergic to cat food additives, preservatives, artificial flavorings,
colorings... He was never sick again. I wish your doctor had talked to you
about natural safe remedies before giving him drugs, especially drugs with such
a history. They used to give cats baytril or something I think. It's not
approved for cats. They no longer prescribe it because it can cause blindness.
Some vets still don't know this! I think it was baytril, could be something
else so don't quote me here. I suggest to everyone, double check your vets
advice. Run a google search on prescribed medications and treatments. I do this
with my own health issues and have been rewarded. I'm so sorry you had to
experience this.