Old October 18th 17, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default A stuck kitty

When I was getting out of the shower yesterday, I heard a repeated, throaty
"Owwwwwww". I wasn't concerned, as it sounded like what Buster occasionally
does while patrolling the hallways.

But then, I noticed that it was coming from where my desk was, which was
odd, because that's one of Buster's quiet areas, where he naps and plays,
but isn't vocal.

So I went to investigate what was going on, and it wasn't Buster who was
making the noise, but Dot!

Dot had somehow managed to get her forepaw and "arm" wedged tightly between
the arm and seat of an office chair. It was forcing her to remain in a
standing position, and because it was a revolving chair, she couldn't get
enough leverage to pull free.

I was dumbstruck for a moment at the sight of Dot stuck to the revolving
chair, howling as she hopped around and around in circles like some
nightmarish maypole or merry-go-round.

Dot calmed down immediately when I grabbed her, and even in this state, was
trying to nuzzle my hand.

Her extended spinning dance seemed to have made her woozy, and I followed
her for a while as she stumbled around like a little drunk kitty. But she
perked up quickly, and it was clear she was ok.

Dot turned 18 years old last month. But she still has plenty enough energy
that her strange, inadvertent antics keep me on my toes.