Old October 5th 18, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Buffy Scared the C*** Out of Me!

On 10/4/2018 3:14 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , jmcquown
wrote:
On 10/3/2018 7:28 PM, joy wrote:
On 10/3/2018 4:16 PM, jmcquown wrote:
Not literally. I had the audacity to go out and run errands today.

I felt sure I'd given Buffy plenty of attention when I got home. We
played for a while. Then I turned my attention to the computer,
which I haven't done for a few days. She was sitting in my lap,
getting scritches.

I got distracted because there was a doe and her still-speckled fawn
(late in the year, even this far south) meandering around in my back
yard. So cute! Meanwhile, Buffy got down off my lap. I didn't
notice where she went.

I got up to get a drink from the kitchen. It's dusk so it's dark in
the kitchen. I didn't even have a chance to reach for the light
switch. I got to the kitchen doorway and she *burst* out of the
kitchen yelling "MEOW!!!"

I screamed like a little girl! OMG, are you trying to give me a
heart attack?!

Jill

LOL! Another BCT!

It *was* a BCT! Quite surprising! She's usually a pretty laid back
cat. I really did scream. Thank goodness no one else was around to
hear me when I realized it was just the cat. LOL

Jill

Sounds like she had a message from Sweeper, the practical joker (RB).

Judith

I believe it! Persia (RB) was full of BCT's. I've mentioned she once
opened the pantry door and got a can of Fancy Feast down off the shelf.
Hint hint, meowmie, I want it now!

Another time she opened the one of the two metal bi-fold doors that hid
the washer & dryer in the apartment. She jumped up on the dryer, then
down beside it between the dryer and the wall. Naturally, she couldn't
jump back up; I had to move the dryer to get her out. That BCT
backfired on her. Good thing I was at home! I had to put big rubber
bands around the doorknobs to prevent her from opening them again. She
was a little too smart for her own good.

One time she crashed through the sliding door screen when she saw
another cat on the patio. She knocked the screen off the bottom track
and it opened like a cat-flap. I'm pretty sure she was surprised to
find herself outside! That little trick backfired, too. But it
prompted me to buy a baby-gate to put up when I opened the glass slider
so she couldn't do it again.

The things we do for our cats!

Jill