Old August 17th 03, 07:28 AM
LOL

CATherine wrote in message . ..
I woke up this morning to a strange sound. But it was a bit familiar
at the same time. I thought, "Wot the heck?" I rose up out of bed and
peered over the foot.....and saw Sheba vigorously scratching her
cardboard scratcher for the first time in six months!

Her neuropathy is healed! She no longer walks like Robocop! Hurray!! I
had been told neuropathy is nerve damage and didn't heal. But maybe
she didn't have it long enough to be permanent. Her diabetes is under
control and her weight is now hovering around eleven pounds and she
looks good.

The only problem is she still pulls clumps of hair off her sides. That
is from stress, maybe. And maybe partly to get rid of some of the
excessive unshed hair she couldn't groom for so long. I will brush her
ever so often and get clumps off. But maybe the pulling sensation
relieves itchy skin. Maybe she needs a bath. Yeah, right! :-))

CATherine

WooHoo! I'm so glad to hear that Sheba's feeling better - please give
her some scritches for us. I hope you can find out what is making her
pull out her fur - Mike occasionally does this too. TED has said it
is due to allergies and when it gets bad gives him a hydrocortisone
(?) shot, maybe once or twice a year. The shot does seem to stop it,
for months at a time.

------
Krista