Old January 23rd 14, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Boyfie's progress

On 1/23/2014 11:27 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
He's doing fabulously. The power of the purr works again!
The vet rang me yesterday to see how he was and to run the little article
he's written about him past me that he's going to put on their Facebook
page. It should be up there in a day or two. They'll be some pics but he
says he hasn't put photos of his wound there as it might gross people out.
In the article he says one third of his small intestine was protruding :-(
and that the sleepless night he and the head nurse, Ami, had was worth it.
He's cautiously predicting a complete recovery.

Just had a look at Chine House Veterinary Hospital FB page, the Boy is not
up there yet.

Resisting his continual pleas of "oh, please, oh please let me go out to
have a wee/poo" is hard and because usually his wish is my command, he
thinks I've gone deaf, so he tries a bit harder. He will do a wee in the
earth litterbox placed near the back door (once a day) but I've just refused
him the out and now he'd heading upstairs to the bathroom and wowling, so I
guess he needs a poo (TMI?) At least his intestines are working, and a poo
in the bathtub is not a problem.
I've only left him to go out for bread and milk, the rest of the time I
spend mainly in my armchair so he can sleep in my lap (his favourite place)
and do upside-downy head. While he's sleeping he is healing.

I feel like I've won the lottery because he's still with me. I truly do.

Tweed

It's wonderful news! And hey, he's on your lap again so he's the
forgiving sort. They don't understand when we do things that are for
their own good, in their best interests. But they usually forgive us.

Jill