Old December 8th 03, 06:09 PM
Dan Mahoney

Ablang wrote:
Where does your cat sleep at night?

For me, sometimes it varies. Sometimes its on the bed with me. Sometimes
she sleeps on the couch. She has access to the entire place, but sometimes
choose not to share body heat w/ me.

Sammy sleeps right beside me usually, CLeopatra sleeps on Nancy's
pillow, Tabitha sleeps sometimes at the foot of the bed, sometimes in
the living room. Amelia starts the night sleeping on the back of the
couch but usually ends up at my feet.

When we adopted Tabitha back in early June we kept her in the bathroom
for a couple of weeks. It was very warm during the day, so we cut a
window in the bathroom door so the cool air from the cooler would keep
the room inhabitable. We then adopted Sammy in early July, and the
window in the bathroom door again came in handy. Sammy was spending all
of his time in the bathroom - he had an eye infection, so we didn't want
to introduce him to the other cats after it had been treated for 2 or 3
weeks.

At the 2-week mark Sammy decided it was time for his isolation to end.
Nancy and I went to bed at our usual time. About 30 minutes later I was
startled by a scrabbling sound on my side of the bed. I looked to see
what was causing the noise - it was tiny baby Sammy climbing up the side
of the bed! He had managed to get out of the bathroom all by himself. I
figure he had to climb a bath towel, walk along the top of the towel
rod, and jump through the bathroom door window. From that day on, Sammy
always slept with me.