Old August 18th 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Did I speak too soon?

About curing Kitty's recent toilet habits? It was all going so well with
the new litterbox. When I got home from work I went upstairs to the
bathroom where I knew I had left my fleece sweater over the side of the bath
(my house is cold and I needed to put it on) and found it had fallen off on
to the bathroom floor. When I put it on, the sleeve was wet.
So it seems KFC is peeing on my clothes again despite the litter box being
inches away.
Tonight I turned around at the sound of scratching on the hearthrug. It
looked like KFC was about to pee on there, so I picked her up and took her
upstairs and put her next to her litterbox. She made to go downstairs, so I
picked her up again and put her actually in the newly cleaned box. She came
out straight away and opened her mouth at me, which is her attempt at a
miaow.
So I thought, OK, you don't want the box, maybe you want to pee outside, so
I took her outside where there is loose soil (dirt) and closed the door.
Big hint.
She drank deeply from the outside waterbowl and came back to the door. I
didn't let her in at first because I wanted her to toilet herself outside,
since the litterbox obviously didn't suit.
And then I *noticed* that her rug scratching was an attempt to cover up what
she had already done. I had been reading a magazine and had put it on the
floor near my armchair while I went into the kitchen to prepare a meal.
Kitty had peed on the magazine big time.
I am not sure what to do. Part of me says maybe TED ought to take a look at
her. I will certainly have to get a stronger cat box that I have now as she
fights like a tiger inside a box and has shredded and got out of any I have
used up to now. KFC angry out of the box inside my car is not a good thing
while I am driving to TED's.
It freaks her out to go to the vet. Her eyes are as big as dinner plates
(well, nearly) when her box is opened on the vet's table and her head comes
out like a jack in the box. A nurse is required to restrain her.
I want to do only the best for her. Do you think it might be time to let
her go at the age of 20?
Please say no, it would break my heart, but if you all think yes..I will
consider it.

crying
Tweed