Old July 1st 11, 11:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Attacked by vicious cat ...

Cheryl wrote:

On 6/29/2011 12:13 AM, wrote:
I've never heard of catbirds. They wouldn't be in the corvid family,
would they? I've heard of crows never forgetting someone who made them
angry, and giving them a hard time the next time they see the person
(or dog, cat, whatever) even if it's weeks later. I hope this family
decides to move on!

I see catbirds don't live in CA so maybe that's why you aren't familiar
with them.
http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/gray_catbird/id

I haven't seen them, no. I listened to the recording of their call, and
for most of it, I didn't hear a "catty mew", as the site described it.
Just sweet small-bird song. But toward the end, it did make some screechy
sounds that I guess could be like a screechy meow in an older cat.

Joyce

--
It is better to give than to lend, and it costs about the same.
-- Unknown