Old July 2nd 11, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default Attacked by vicious cat ...

On 7/1/2011 6:38 PM, wrote:
Cheryl wrote:

On 6/29/2011 12:13 AM,
wrote:
I've never heard of catbirds. They wouldn't be in the corvid family,
would they? I've heard of crows never forgetting someone who made them
angry, and giving them a hard time the next time they see the person
(or dog, cat, whatever) even if it's weeks later. I hope this family
decides to move on!

I see catbirds don't live in CA so maybe that's why you aren't familiar
with them.
http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/gray_catbird/id

I haven't seen them, no. I listened to the recording of their call, and
for most of it, I didn't hear a "catty mew", as the site described it.
Just sweet small-bird song. But toward the end, it did make some screechy
sounds that I guess could be like a screechy meow in an older cat.

Their songs can vary, just like mockingbirds. They didn't meow at me
when they were attacking. It was the screechy sound. The funny thing
was after I was in the house looking through the storm door at them on
the front porch, they not only screeched, but it looked like they were
banging their wing tips on the ground. It was a very territorial posture.