Old June 4th 11, 06:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
MLB[_2_]

Default Memorial Service for Mme. Anaïs begins..

Serge D. wrote:

Anaïs was a soft and gentle creature whose little padded feet walked
into my life a little over eight years ago. She was always a perfect
little lady-cat, never knocking over the piles of books and
bric-a-brak that fill my small apartment, never complaining about
anything. We became best friends quickly: she would sit on the
radiator cover next to the table and have breakfast and
dinner with me; we slept together every night. While I read in bed,
she snuggled up against me, turning on her back to offer her soft,
little belly for caresses - if I was absorbed in my book, she gently
took my hand in her front paws and put it on her belly.

She was the most wonderful gift I have ever received; she taught me
what true, unconditional love is. I miss her terribly. I will never
forget her. If there is a message in her passing it is this, from Nat
King Cole's "Nature Boy" which I hope he will forgive me for changing
"boy" to "cat":

There was a cat
A very strange enchanted cat
They say she wandered very far, very far
Over land and sea
A little shy
And sad of eye
But very wise
Was she

And then one day
A magic day she came my way
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This she said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

My little Anaïs loved me, and I loved her in return.....

"....Rise up slowly, Angel..."
It's hard to let you go. MLB