Old April 4th 04, 08:51 PM
MacCandace

I just paid $156 to have my sweet Cory euthanized a week ago. I'm in Phoenix,
AZ. We had him cremated privately and got his ashes back so that was a little
more expensive than if we had had him mass cremated and not requested the
ashes. I'm thinking it would have been around $100 if we had not done that.
He is the fifth cat I've been with during euthanasia. Three were officially
ours, 1 was a stray kitty that we had outside who we were taking care of and
planning to bring inside, and another was a stray at an apt. complex I lived at
many years ago who got sick.

My vet explained the process last week even though I knew what it was. The
office girl also came in and asked me if I wanted to pay ahead of time so we
could make a quick exit afterwards. Everyone was very kind and I have always
found that to be so.

It's a very fast procedure and 4 of them were very peaceful. One,
unfortunately, freaked out a little as she was given the first shot and howled
so that was a little unpleasant (but still very quick). That's rare, though,
and I think it's a nice thing to be with your cat at the end of its life and
pet it and let it know it's loved.

I'm sorry about your cat. It's a difficult decision to make even when you know
you are doing the right thing.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)