Old November 22nd 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
AmandaWV4 via CatKB.com

Default HELP!! I had my 4 month old kittens spayed

OK so I called the "vet" that did the spay for the shelter. I have never met
a bunch or ruder people in my life. I called the first thing this morning
and they said the "vet" was in surgery. OK, fair enough. WELL 1pm rolls
around and I call back. They said ok what is wrong and why are you calling?
Are you kidding me? They didn't write my message down. ANY way they said
for me to bring them back in. I said ok fair enough. THEN they said our
office call is 30 and if they need antibiotics it is additional fee. WHAT?!
I have to pay for your mistake? They said how do we know you didn't do
anything. I said IF LOVE makes them sick then I am guilty. The lady HUNG UP
ON ME!!!!!! I called her back and they were so unprofessional. I said I am
worried my babies are going to die and all you are worried about if a fee.
They said when you adopt an animal you have to assume responsibility! Yeah
really? ( I didn't say that out loud) I said if I would have to pay then I
would go to MY own vet instead of you because you are an hour and a half away.
She yelled WELL GO THEN and hung up again! SO I called the shelter to tell
them the caring kind of people they are sending poor kitties and doggies to.
They said they have never had a problem. They said if they call and foot the
bill would I take them. I said absolutely because I want them better! I am
in a full blown cry now. He called them and me back and said can you take
them tomorrow morning. I said I am going to call my vet and see if they can
get them in TODAY and I will call you back. Well I called my vet at 1:30ish
and was in at 3pm. Mikey had a 103.5 temp and Sugar had a 106 temp. My vet
gave them a shot of steroids and antibiotics and gave them meds for home. He
said them being so lethargic was from the fever. I was so thankful that my
vet got them in so fast. I called the shelter and they were very worried
about them. He even apologized for that "vet" and asked me what the bill was
and said he would help me with the bill. My vet said if they aren't getting
any better in 2 days to call them immediately. They are already feeling
better. I am feeling better that they are better. I hope I made sense. LOL
Thank you everyone!

barb wrote:
I got my Pickles at a shelter at 8 weeks old. I was shocked that they had
already spayed her at that age. She was hyperactive but had some
complication from the spaying. I took her to my vet and she recovered
fully. So, I don't think you need to feel you took the kittens in too early
for spaying but I agree something is wrong and either the vet should fix it
or go to another vet.

Good luck with them,
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,