Old November 23rd 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lesley

Default HELP!! I had my 4 month old kittens spayed

AmandaWV4 via CatKB.com wrote:
I called the shelter and they were very worried
about them. He even apologized for that "vet" and asked me what the bill was
and said he would help me with the bill.

Sometimes it really is who you get on the phone. When Fugazi (RB) was
taken ill suddenly we were both on benefits and there's this place
called the PDSA which helps provide vet care for people on low incomes.
(annoyingly it's 5 minutes walk from our house and now we don't
qualify- we'd pay regular vet prices to them for the sheer
convienience) and we ran into a receptionist who insisted WE had to get
proof we were getting benefits (In the form of a written letter as we
both got our benefit money paid into our banks, which could have taken
several days) before the PDSA would see her. In the end, Dave got an
appointment for 2 says away on the understanding that one of us would
sort the paperwork out or she wouldn't be seen...

Luckily we had a small overdraft so we used that to take her to a
private vet where sadly nothing could be done . She wasn't suffering
but the vet thought she would be in another day or so

Dave called the PDSA next morning to cancel the appointment since we
thought someone else could use it. Got a different lady who asked if
his reason for cancelling was that she was better and when he
explained that Nope she's had to be PTS and we'd paid for it. She told
us she knew exactly who we'd tallked to and she would mention it to the
vet and said "You should have just brought her in as an emergency and
we'd have worried about your entitlement afterwards"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs