Old July 10th 08, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_2_]

Default Petting or catnip: Curly's delima

Catnip grows wild in several places on my property - descendents of a
feral plant given to me several years ago. One is growing in an abandoned
flower pot that I mived into the sun from under the patio awning - it
looked beautiful today, so I broke of a piece and put it on the front
porch. Curly came running and jumped on the porch as he usually does when
I get home ... and ran straight into the catnip. Stop. Sniff. Take a step
towerd me and get a quick head scritch. Back to the nip. Back and forth;
back and forth; back and forth. Then CJ came along and solved his delima:
he flopped down on the catnip and started rolling in it. Curly settled for
a lot more petting (my hands smelled of catnip since I crushed the stuff
in them).

I checked another plant that was growing under the awning: it was in
flower, and had very stiff stems. I broke off the top and took it inside.
This is *powerful* stuff - it brought cats from all over the house. It
was too strong for some of them, but eventually Avery took possesion of
it. It moved around, appearing and disappearing for several hours.

--

T.E.D. ) MST (Missouri University of Science and Technology)
used to be UMR (University of Missouri - Rolla).