Old July 10th 08, 06:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default Petting or catnip: Curly's delima

"nik Simpson" wrote in message
Ted Davis wrote:

I checked another plant that was growing under the awning: it was
in
flower, and had very stiff stems. I broke off the top and took it
inside.
This is *powerful* stuff - it brought cats from all over the
house. It
was too strong for some of them, but eventually Avery took
possesion of
it. It moved around, appearing and disappearing for several hours.

My problem is Muddy can't resist fresh catnip, even when the shoots
have barely made it above ground level, it's real hard on the catnip
plant. When he's not eating it to within an inch of its life he
sleeps on it ;-)

--
Nik Simpson

I have temporarily solved this catnip dilemma. It is so hot here this
week that my potted plants were taking a beating.

So this afternoon I put several inches of water in a plastic kiddie
pool and set the pots in there to soak up what they will. That'll
keep Jake off the catnip pot for a few days. It has a moat.

Jo