Old November 20th 09, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

Default Basho is gone

Victor Martinez wrote:
This was, by far, the hardest thing I've ever done. I can't stop
crying, even though I know I did the right thing. His brother Issa is
not taking it well. He ran off the bed as soon as the vet put in the
final shot, Basho stopped breathing seconds later. I went to pick up
Issa to come say good-bye, but he was afraid of me. He looks *sad*.
We just finished burying Basho in the garden, next to a beautiful
bigtooth maple. We covered him in the bag his favorite flannel sheets
came in. He loved lounging in those during the winter time. One of my
nephews is an artist and I commissioned a painting of Basho
meatloafing on those sheets. I'll pick it up for x-mas.
Thanks everyone for your kind words, purrs and prayers. Basho is now
restored to full health and is being shown around the Bridge by his
"brother" Quetzie and the rpca gang. I told him all about the Bridge
this morning and to take it easy and not start bossing around
everybody on the first day.

Victor and the Fantastic Seven, minus one.

Victor,

We're so sorry for your loss. I've sent a prayer up to our 3 to show
sweet Basho around.

-- Eric, Kim and the New Chigger Ranch Crew