Old August 19th 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Jeffrey Kaplan

Default Help me avoid declawing my cat, please

It is alleged that The Polish-Kraut claimed:

While my year-and-a-half neutered female tabby "Delany" no longer claws
me, she's clawing everything else. She's destroyed the paint on my
banisters, she's tearing up my couch, she's tearing up several spots of
my carpets, and she's torn holes in three of my screens (two windows,
one door) big enough to let the mosquitoes and other small flyers in.

I really don't want to get her declawed, I think it's mutilation.

Here we go again !!!! Another declawing debate is about to begin!!!

If there is, remember that I'm trying to AVOID getting that done to my
cat. But OTOH it will cost thousands of dollars to replace the
carpeting in my home; wall-to-wall everywhere except the kitchen/dining
and bathrooms.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

Peter's Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord, #123.
If I decide to hold a contest of skill open to the general public,
contestants will be required to remove their hooded cloaks and shave
their beards before entering.