Old August 19th 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
The Polish-Kraut

Default Help me avoid declawing my cat, please

Trim her nails (this is good fun quality time).

She doesn't like to be held that long. I can barely keep her still
long enough to brush her coat.

Mine were a holy terror when I first started doing their nails but now
are pretty much resigned to it even through they do not like it and
yell to high heaven. Just make sure you have a good hold on them and
no matter what they do do not give in to them!! Once they learn they
will get their way doing something that is it. Just like a spoiled
kid they will keep doing it!!

I was going to trim my ex's cat's nail and as soon as they started
meowing and getting nuts she got all excited and did not want to do it
which was the wrong thing to do.

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/