Old August 11th 03, 04:39 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 19:58:21 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:

Good luck in finding the owner or at least a good home - he was indeed
fortunate that it was you who came across him - best wishes for all to go
well with the vet visit.

Thank Lois. He's a friendly chappie who is now on to his fourth bowl of food
;-)

Sounds like a stray who has trained himself to eat to full capacity when
food is available, because he can't be sure when he'll encounter more.
My Patches was like that when he first came to me - he'd empty his own
bowl, then polish off whatever Miu had left of his for later snacking.
(But it's astonishing how quickly an ex-stray learns to be fussy, once
it realizes there'll always be a next meal!)

Right you are! Back when I was luring my mostly white, black and white
tom inside so I could capture him and take him in to be checked and
neutered, he'd eat a full can of Friskies, and then move on to the dry
food. Now that he's become my Rocky (or more correctly, I've become
his human), he turns up his nose at Friskies, and only eats small
portions, expecting me to give him more when he wants it. He's still
uncomfortable inside, so eats outside - which creates a problem, as I
don't want the strays I feed to decide they also should be eating
better ;-)