Old August 11th 03, 05:28 AM
LOL

omcom (wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX) wrote in message ...
I have a visitor…

Whilst out cycling tonight, the Unfit Family was pootling along the quiet lanes
of Norfolk when "Meeeeow!!" It ran out from the side of the road. A black and
white cat. We are in the middle of relative nowhere. This is an adult cat which
is very friendly. There are no houses about. "Meeeow!!! PPPPUUURRR!!!" This is
one friendly cat, but what is it doing out here? A feral/farm cat would not be
quite so affectionate with a total stranger. "Meeeeowww!" This large
short-haired black & white, yellow-eyed cat looks up at me, meows and I see it
has something wrong with its mouth. Possibly some sort of ulcer or other gum
problem. "Meeeeeow!" A car goes by - it runs back into the undergrowth. When
the car has gone it comes out again. "MMMEEEOWWW!"

To cut a long story short, I now have an overnight visitor in the library. One
which has now been sprayed with Frontline and one which has also wolfed down
two full pouches of catfood.

I've rung PACT. Tomorrow I take the cat to the vet to be blood tested and to go
to PACT. I've done some notices to go into local shops/vets to say a cat has
been found, in an attempt to trace an owner - it may just be a cat that's
wandered a bit too far from home and ended up in the middle of the countryside.

Cheers, helen s
Sunday, 10 August 2003

Awww, poor little fellow. We are sending purrs that this is just an
Otis-type situation, and that his meowmie/paw turns up first thing
tomorrow. :-)

In the meantime, wasn't he lucky to have found you? You must have
been wearing your "sucker" sign. :-D

------
Krista