Old March 28th 06, 10:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default AHHH!!! A VULTURE!!!

meeee wrote:

I alternate, depending on what we have. It goes roughly 'mince, chicken, raw
chicken necks'. i usually steam the mince and chicken, then mix with a
little vegies and rice. I know it's not recommended to feed raw chicken,
because of worms, etc, but I freeze everything before hand, and they have to
be wormed for every worm known to man because of where we live (including
heartworm and tapeworm) and the chicken necks are good for their teeth. You
should see the kitchen at dinner time!! All six of them sit there and stare
at me!!

Is there any reason why you don't feed them the mince raw? Heating it
destroys the taurine in it, which is essential for cats (their bodies
don't produc taurine, unlike e.g. humans or d*gs). I heat poultry for
the cats, too, though we haven't had salmonella or any other nasties in
Finland for years. Just to be safe.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi