Old March 28th 06, 11:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default AHHH!!! A VULTURE!!!

"Marina" wrote in message
meeee wrote:

I alternate, depending on what we have. It goes roughly 'mince, chicken,
raw chicken necks'. i usually steam the mince and chicken, then mix with
a little vegies and rice. I know it's not recommended to feed raw
chicken, because of worms, etc, but I freeze everything before hand, and
they have to be wormed for every worm known to man because of where we
live (including heartworm and tapeworm) and the chicken necks are good
for their teeth. You should see the kitchen at dinner time!! All six of
them sit there and stare at me!!

Is there any reason why you don't feed them the mince raw? Heating it
destroys the taurine in it, which is essential for cats (their bodies
don't produc taurine, unlike e.g. humans or d*gs). I heat poultry for the
cats, too, though we haven't had salmonella or any other nasties in
Finland for years. Just to be safe.

--

Mainly as I was told by several people to NEVER feed raw meat. Possibly
because of worms, not sure exactly why. All meat I give them is bought in

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi