Old October 3rd 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Mooch gets friendly

"Bobcat" wrote:
I've posted before about Mooch, our little tuxie stray who shows up two
or three times daily on our veranda for food and water. Until now he's
been shy and has kept his distance under the furniture until the food
is set down. But recently when I get up early about 5 a.m. to feed him
he's almost underfoot as I carry the bowls across the veranda, and
within a few inches of my hands as I set them down. All the time he's
talking to me - little squeaky meows. This only happens early in the
morning - he's wary of other neighbourhood cats at other times of day.
And he only does it with me, no one else in the house. Probably this is
because we share that quiet early time early time even before the paper
deliverer arrives. Whatever the reason, I enjoy these moments, and I'd
like to think Mooch does too.

I think it's wonderful that he's getting so confident.