Old May 25th 12, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

Default Cats scratch boards and trees but why?

funny how we forget the things we wondered about when we first started
dealing with cats, isn't it?

"Mosey =^..^=" wrote in message ...

Fank yu, Aunti soft fyur xplinin tu diz hoomin hu shur wikes tu akx sum
weerd qwestshunz. Mosey

it is done to remove the claw sheath and sharpening occurs as a side
effect, soft

"FragSinatra"
I've noticed cats scratching boards and trees and seeming to enjoy it.
Is this done to sharpen their claws? If so, how do cats sharpen the claws
on their back feet? Also, why don't they get splinters from this activity?
I tell you I wouldn't want to be dragging my fingernails against a board
because I'm positive I'd get splinters and probably under my nails.

--- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to
---