Old July 22nd 05, 07:25 PM
Adrian

Pat wrote:
I went out last night to close the tailgate on my van, in case the
horses busted into the yard during the night. (It was open during the
day to keep the boxes of tapes I had loaded for the swap meet from
melting.) Going down the steps on the way out, I failed to notice
Lily laying on the top step and nearly fell down the stairs, rolling
poor baby Lily under my foot in the process.

She promptly disappeared, crying, under the house. I ran back inside
for a flashlight and could not find one quickly so ran back outside
and called for her under the house. She responded weakly. I ran back
inside to search for a flashlight again, couldn't find one, ran back
out to check on Lily, worried sick about how hurt she might be, but I
could not see her. She was still responding to my calls with pitiful
small mews.

By this time I was going berserk with worry and didn't want to waste
another second hunting for a flashlight. I grabbed a 100' extension
cord and a lamp. Plugged them in and unwound the cord to the back of
the house to crawl thru a hole and shine the light on my baby girl. I
finally coaxed her to come to me and she appeared to be unhurt, but
she hasn't wanted to come near me yet today. Now even tho I have
apologized fifty different ways, I can't blame her for feeling the
way she does.

If she had been badly hurt I would never forgive myself for being so
careless.

Purrs for Lily to forgive you soon.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)