Old May 7th 12, 02:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

Default Need recommendations for UV light

Bastette bastXXXette sonic.net wrote:

Hi,

Maybe someone here can help me. I need a UV light that shows cat
pee in the dark.

This is just for your information, or someone else having the same
problem but maybe for a different reason...

If you're having trouble getting your cat to urinate inside the
litter box, and it's not related to the cat being extremely old or
some other nonmedical factor...

I am a realist, I'm not a lovey-dovey type, but the litter box
area is sacred. The litter box area must be clean and hassle free.
Currently, I'm using a large Sterilite container for a litter box
(with my favorite litter). Underneath the box around the area is
Astroturf. Just as important as cleanliness is to avoid any
confrontation in the litter box area. Never interrupt the animal,
always keep clear of the area whenever (and shortly after) it
might be using the box. That's science, for people who sincerely
want to cohabitate with cats. It helps prevent nasty problems.
Litter box problems can be the worst (as you know).

Again, I suspect you know all that and that you are trying to cope
with a different problem, but it might help others.

Good luck and have fun.

--

Thanks!
Joyce