Old September 15th 18, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]

Default Hurricane

On 14/09/2018 19:45, jmcquown wrote:
On 9/14/2018 12:46 PM, Tina wrote:
On 12/09/2018 20:32, jmcquown wrote:
On 9/12/2018 8:35 AM, Mishi wrote:
On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 6:51:56 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
On 9/11/2018 2:16 PM, Tina wrote:
Jill, stay safe, it seems to be heading your way. Lota of good wishes
that it veers away from you

Thanks!Â* There was an evacuation order for my County (Beaufort) but
the
Governor cancelled it.Â* The path of the storm is tracking far to the
north of where Buffy and I are located.

Let's have some purrs for the folks along the North Carolina and
Virginia coasts.Â* That's where the brunt of Hurricane Florence is
headed.

Jill

The hurricane has veered south, now looks like it is headed for
Georgia. Stay safe, everyone!

Hurricanes always seem to turn a bit.Â* All the current models have
the eye of the storm making landfall much farther to the north of us.
(I'm at the very southern tip of South Carolina.)Â* We'll get rain and
wind, sure, because it's a very big storm system, but not the brunt
of the storm.

What I find interesting is the hurricane (which hasn't even hit yet)
is making the news in England!

Jill

Yes, it makes the news here.Â* My cousin Tim lives in Wilmington, NC,
where it's hit now.

I watched on the television this morning as it made landfall right near
your cousin.Â* What a mess!Â* I hope he (and everyone) is safe.Â* The storm
is huge and that area is expected to have trouble with storm surges and
flooding for the next couple of days.Â* Purrs!

Jill

I'm fairly sure he will have made certain he and his family are safe but
it's still a bit worrying. I can't find out from my uncle (his father)
or his brother as there's a bit of a family feud going on. Ridiculous,
should have been sorted out 10 years ago, IMO.
Purrs for everyone in danger. I heard that people were being told to
write their names on their arms so their bodies could be identified, OMG.