Old July 5th 08, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default CAT LADY WANTED

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Untamed Tiger wrote:

I'm SO happy to see that this posting has provided such amusement for
everyone..... :-( Apparently all of you are deliriously happy and
content and have found suitable mates, but I have not.... My
congratulations to all of you who have been blessed with attractiveness,
wit and social graces, but I seem to be lacking, since I have been alone
my whole life, and have not been as fortunate. I posted this during an
especially lonely spell in an attempt to reach out to someone... but
go on babbling about vacuum cleaners.... that's just fine. :-(

You know something, John? That reaction pretty well explains why you
have difficulty "reaching" someone!

Aw, c'mon. There was nothing hostile in John's message. Maybe a bit
whiny, but when you're lonely and then you lose a cat you've had for
15 years, I'd say you're entitled to a whine. Just have some cheese
and crackers with it and you're all set.

John, people generally don't post personal ads here, and my guess is
that a lot of folks interpret it as a kind of spam. I know you meant
well, and would just like to find someone you can relate to. There are
plenty of places where that is the goal - singles sites, etc, and I'm
sure people would be a lot more receptive to that there.

That said, what's so terrible about posting a personal here, anyway?
His was clean and kid-friendly, not to mention cat-friendly, so I have
no objection.

One other thing - we have a habit around here of going off-topic at
the drop of a hat. So don't be surprised when the subject line says
"It's my kitty's 4th birthday!" and the discussion is about our favorite
80s songs.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^