Old September 4th 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sherry

Default pure breed?

On Sep 3, 5:17 pm, wrote:
I have adopted a siamese cat form the humain society. is there any way
to tell if its pure bred? i.e blood/dna tests?

thanks

keaver

It's probably better if he isn't purebred. Good old moggie genes are
the best. :-)
A lot of masked cats have no Siamese parentage at all.
But hey, he's your kitty. You can call him whatever you want. When I'm
feeling particularly pretentious, I tell everyone my Frank is a
Balinese. :-)
Good luck with your kitty! Another thought--if he talks a lot, gets
into everything,
and wants to be the center of attention, and seems *very* smart, he
probably is Siamese.

Sherry