Old June 11th 15, 02:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Buffy Pic

On 6/11/2015 7:30 AM, jmcquown wrote:

I ordered a nail clipper. I've been getting her used to my touching her
paws so I don't think it will be a big deal for me to clip them. Buffy
is a rather laid back cat.

Jill

It's possible that her previous catslave clipped her nails. If so, that
will make it easier for you. When you do trip her nails, be sure to
look for the dark area and *do not* cut into it. That's the quick that
involves nerves and blood vessels. Of course, it's really not a
disaster if the quick is cut, but that could involve considerable
bleeding. Just cut in front of the quick, and you won't have that type
of problem.
https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/virtu...our-cats-claws
http://pets.webmd.com/cats/guide/cat-nail-clipping-care

MaryL