Old July 10th 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Default OT Never do this!

A good friend in high school died doing this. He was up on a ladder
taking down outdoor xmas lights on New Year's Eve day. The end of the
strand of lights got caught up in a branch so he gave it a good tug.
The thing came loose and flung over behind him and onto the power line.
He was electrocuted immediately :-(
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Pat wrote:
Do not pull on an extension cord to unplug it from a distance. I did
it today with a heavy-duty outdoor cord, from about ten feet away,
and the thing snapped back and smacked me right between the eyes
(nearly breaking my nose, from the feel of it).