Old May 3rd 05, 04:19 AM
Tim Hogard

Default Kitty going for a swim?

Today my kitty Piper went for a bit of a swim. She was chasing a
bug and decided to jump up on the edge of the hot tub. She wasn't
quite sure of her grip so she used her claws which don't work on
fiberglass. The result was a very wet cat. The hot tub is one
of the standard fiberglass stand alone things.

I had wondered if she would have a problem crawing out if she ever
fell in and it appears that she can get out with no assistance from
me. She also seems to be ok at simming as well. She hopped out
of the tub and ran right into the house and found a stack of clean
towels to sit on. I helped her dry off after a bit of a chase which
resulted in more water in the house.

In the few weeks I've had the new tub, she hasn't liked it. The
pump upsets her and she hates when the bubbles are going. When I
was filling it she did hop up and drink a bit out of it but since
the chlorine was added, she hasn't done that again. She hadn't
even walked on its cover until a few days ago. Most of the time
she will sit on the fence and watch whoever is in the tub. Until
last night.

Last night she tried to jump up on the side didn't get high enough
and then she jumped down on the side from the fence and the third
time she jumped on and walked around to where I was and put her paw
on my sholder. I gave her the signal for sit on my lap and she
looked confused and left.

I guess she was just getting used to the big noisy wet thing.
I wonder how shes going to act around it now.

After I dried her off today, I measured the chlorine leves and they
were about 1ppm which is about what some cities use for their
drinking water. The tub should have been about 3 times that. After
she got finished grooming her self, she did drink lots of fresh
water so I hope there are no ill effects.

-tim
http://web.abnormal.com