Old January 29th 08, 02:11 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Upscale

Default KITTY LITTER DUST!

"William Graham" wrote in message

I wonder how these automatic, "self cleaning" ones they advertise on TV
work.....Are they safe for the cat? - I mean, I would hate to have one of

my
cats get caught in the mechanism. Do they know if the cat is currently

using
it?

I've had three Littermaids and finally came to the conclusion that I was
wasting money. The first was replaced under warranty. It died a few weeks
after the one year warranty expired. When the third one screwed up I tossed
it and didn't bother getting it replace under the warranty. It's almost as
easy to scoop a regular litter box as it is to toss and then replace the
waste tray from one of the automatic units. As far as knowing it's running,
you can hear it straining the litter. In the beginning, my cat would watch
it running and I'm sure she was jumping into it occasionally just to see it
run, but she wouldn't jump in if it was running at the time.