Old July 27th 08, 02:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

Default Found on the 'net.... LONG.

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 21:52:33 +1000, "Yowie"
wrote:

"Gandalf" wrote in message

Surfing the 'net late at night, as I sometimes do, I came across these
two stories. One personal, first. And the second, professional.

The first is all too familiar to those who have done rescue work.

The second one is just interesting, at least to me.

The second one isn't just 'interesting' to me, it is the best horror story I
have ever read! Neil Gaiman is an *incredible* writer!

I've never heard of Neil Gaiman; I read SF and fantasy. But I can
recognize good writing when I see it.

Besides, there was a cat. A black cat, no less.

Any of his other work you could recommend? Perhaps some short stories,
that aren't too heavy, or gruesome.

I read all of the Dresden Files books after learning of them here.

I'm a voracious reader, and I'm having a hard time finding good books.

- Robert Heinlein