Old February 14th 05, 06:13 PM
KellyH

"Glarb" wrote in message
I've been thinking about this. I have spent huge sums of money on the cat
I have had for the past seven or eight years. But I have money, and I
don't think about it. But if I didn't have money -- let's say living from
paycheck to paycheck -- and the vet came in and said, "$850 for labwork
and surgery." Forgive me, but I would probably have to draw the line
there and have the poor thing put to rest. I know this makes me a bad
person, but come on y'all, what is your true limit on such matters?

Glarb

I don't have a set limit, like "I will only spend X amount per cat" should a
situation occur. It would all depend on: the general health of the cat,
what the diagnosis/prognosis was, how much discomfort the procedure would
cause the cat, and how likely this test/procedure was to tell us something.
In the past, I have borrowed from credit cards, borrowed money from my
parents, and spent money I could have used for myself, for my cat. We also
keep an emergency credit card for things like house, car, cat and human
medical emergencies.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net