Old July 18th 06, 08:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dewi

Default Hi everyone

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I read this ng. I've notice many new people
and many people who are still around from when I was a regular
contributor to RPCA.

For those who don't remember me and/or don't know me, I am the proud
human of 9 cats. Which I now realise is an insane number. However they
are here to stay and I love them to bits. I'm from Australia and use to
be a RPCA addict.

So things have changed a bit for me. I moved to Brisbane (from
Armidale) in January with my hubby (Neil) and my crazy cats (and rats).

Since I last posted, two of my original cats have died; Monty from
feline AIDS and Tink died recently and very suddenly at the vets when
she was under anesthetic (she went in for an x-ray!). Mango went
missing in 2003 (I may have posted about this). This was a stressful
and sad time (as you can imagine) and still makes me feel teary and
guilty.

Since Mango, the cats have been confined to large enclosures, and have
access to part of the house. The cat enclosure is a work in progress,
with extensions, walkways and furniture planned for when my DH gets
leave and when the budget allows. We've worked out how to make
relatively cost effective cat enclosures using orchard netting.

Anyway I look forward to reading more posts.

Cheers,
Dewi.