Old July 18th 06, 01:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dewi

Default Hi everyone

Hi Mary,

I don't have any photo's of my cat enclosures, however we got the idea
from an Australian company called CatMax (http://www.catmax.com.au/).
Our enclosure is very similar to the CatMax enclosures, with fewer
accessories. As mentioned it's still a work in progress. The catmax
netting is more like cricket netting. We used orchard netting as it was
easy to get hold off and cheaper. It may not be dog proof though. We
attached the netting (using fencing ring clips) to clothes line wire
that has been tightly streatched along the boundary of the enclosure.

When I was in Armidale, the enclosure was a side yard (pretty big at ~
10m x 20m). The netting was streathced over the yard (about 2m above
the ground) and was attached to the fence that surrounded the yard. I
can't get any photo's of this unfortunately as it has been dismantled.

The current enclosure (in Brisbane), encloses a small side yard, the
ground level of a verandah (my house has 2 storeys), and is attached to
a double garage. It's not as nice as the first enclosure as it has no
grass (as yet). I'll try to organise some photo's and post them.

I also chanced across this website that may offer some additional ideas
(http://www.cat-world.com.au/cat-worldenclosures.htm).

If anyone has any questions though, don't hesitate asking.

Dewi.

Please post some pictures of your cat enclosures. We get many questions on
this newsgroup where they could be helpful to others..

Thanks,
MaryL