Old May 7th 20, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Enjoying store visiting cats

On 5/7/2020 12:45 PM, Mahoney,Dan wrote:
I would love to train a cat like that! I suspect the younger the cat,
the easier it would be to train to a leash.

Dee

I think normally that's true, but Milton is somewhere between 6 and 10
years old.

I would like to add, Buffy still hasn't paid a bit of attention to the
birds on the patio. Or the ones at the small bird bath. Nor the
hummingbirds which she can see from the back of the couch. She simply
isnt interested in birds.

But... let a lizard get inside the house. Oh boy! She's on the hunt!

It doesn't happen very often. A couple of weeks ago she kept pawing at
the curtains (sheers) next to my desk. I thought she was just being a
pest because I was typing and not paying her enough attention. Nope,
turned out there was a small anole lizard climbing up the curtains. Oh!
Hello!

I tried to grab it. It scurried off onto the moulding by the corner
window. I let it be for a bit and soon enough it was trying to climb up
the sheers again. I managed to grab it and set it outside.

Buffy alerts me to lizards. Birds, she yawns. She's really not a
normal cat.

Jill