Old July 5th 08, 03:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

Default Now that most of the shock has worn off....

I got FIRED on Thursday!! There was no issues, no warning, no clue.
The project manager just said that he needed to speak to me, and that
was it. They wanted me Off The Project, and I wasn't even allowed to
me. My co-workers have to pack up the rest of my stuff.

I've been there almost exactly 4 years. Everybody seems to like me. A
couple of departments think I can walk on water because I always take
the time to take care of them properly (helping them with computer
stuff). One of my co-workers called me at home to find out details,
and he says that this is 'messed up'. Even the project manager was
****ed. There's something funny going on, and he needs ask some
questions. Meanwhile, I have full pay until the end of July, and
benefits until the end of August. That's it. 2 months to find a new
job.

I spent most of Friday evening on the phone, yelling that 'that Rat
******* FIRED me!!' I had to get that out of my system, you see,
because calling him 'that rat *******' in an interview wouldn't go
over well. *grin* Officially, this is going to be called a layoff,
so getting a new job shouldn't be a problem.

I would enjoy this 'vacation' so much more if I knew when the ending
would be.

*sigh*

The Princess Rita doesn't seem to care that I'm home. I think this is
going to hit really hard on Monday, when I have nowhere to go.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita