Old January 28th 08, 11:20 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
William Graham

Default KITTY LITTER DUST!

"DanS" wrote in message
In article , William
Graham wrote:

"DanS" wrote in message
In article , Matthew
wrote:

"DanS" wrote in message
In article , Kyla%
wrote:

Kitty Litter dust can be harmful to humans as well..
we have 4 cats and now use one that is 99% dust free...

I've used litters that are supposedly 99% dust free and still feel
like
I'm in Pigpen's dust cloud when I fill the litter box. Can anyone
recommend a brand of scoopable that really is low on dust??

Dan

In another group Phil had an idea take the litter outside and shift
it
back and forth betweeen containers till the dust is out

I'd thought about doing something like that, or stirring it around in
the litterbox while waving the vacuum cleaner hose over it to suck up
the dust.

The, "clumping" type is more dust free than the other.....Easier to work
with, too.......

Actually, I meant clumping. I was thinking that I scoop out the clumps
and called it "scoopable" but I meant "clumping".

I wonder how these automatic, "self cleaning" ones they advertise on TV
work.....Are they safe for the cat? - I mean, I would hate to have one of my
cats get caught in the mechanism. Do they know if the cat is currently using
it? You could enclose it in a box, and vent it to the outside with a small
muffin fan if it really bothered you that much.....If nothing else, It would
get the smell out of the house......