Old January 29th 08, 07:59 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
seejaneburn

Default KITTY LITTER DUST!

(de-lurking for a minute)
I know it's not scoopable, but I use the recycled newspaper litter, for four
reasons: Dust free, so much lower risk of respiratory problems and airborn
greeblies, low odour (it seems to mask ammonia very well), cheap so instead
of scooping I just tip the whole lot in the bin every day and it can be
bought in bulk, and environmentally friendly. I'm in Australia so not sure
what is available to you, but after testing many litter brands and types,
this seems to be the best combined value for money/odour control/healthwise
of the brands available to me. Another good alternative if you can find it
is lucerne pellets, often can be bought in bulk at feed stores for a few
dollars a litre.