Old November 19th 03, 02:27 PM
Marina

"Susan M" smawdsley remove @shaw.ca wrote

Had a friend of mine over for wine, cheese, black olive tapinade, and slow
roasted tomatoes - and, unabashedly, used the cats to do party tricks.

My friend is both a cat slave and a dog owner. She was amazed when the

boys
answered to their name and their name only. She was also floored when

they
sat for treats when I said "sit". I thought - isn't that what cats cats

who
love their moms do?

Well, maybe mine don't love me, but they will certainly not perform for
anyone. When I have visitors, Frank usually pointedly turns his back and
settles down to sleep for the duration of the visit. Nikki might come and
take a sniff at the visitors, but then she, too, retires somewhere to sleep.
They both know their names very well, but don't always answer or come when
they're called. Depends on whether they're hungry or they just find a nice
spot to sleep in.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki