Old January 24th 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default New family member?

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Melly's approach to her has been cautious, but amiable - no
growls, just a few curious sniffs, and a great deal of quiet
observation. The newcomer, also, hasn't really puffed up
and hissed (just a small, warning spit when Melly got too
friendly). However, now she's beginning to feel more at
ease, I've been hearing the most alarming growls and yowls
from that direction. She's very timid, so apparently hasn't
the courage to attack (or the armament - which for the
moment may be fortunate), and Melly just walks away when she
starts cutting up, but it's Melisande's home, and I don't
quite know how to convince the newcomer that it is SHE who
is the guest, here!

It's my observation that it usually is the cat who is feeling
out-of-place and insecure that does the growling and hissing.
Jasmine probably recognizes Melly's prior claim and is trying to
carve out a place for herself. If Melly doesn't feel
threatened, they should do fine. Purrs that they don't feel the
need to work things out too much tonight and you can sleep
peacefully.

--

Wayne, with special purrformances by Will and Heidi